The BNC B-WAP is a unique indicator, dataset & API designed for wide applicational use. Realizing that blockchain 'blocks' are actually a measure of time, BNC Data Labs designed a method of creating price-discovery for any bitcoin blockchain transaction, by dynamically calculating the Bitcoin Liquid Index (BLX) as a Volume-Weighted-Average-Price (VWAP) across the time that each block existed. Hence: 'Block-Weighted-Average-Price' (B-WAP).
More than a 'price per block', the BNC B-WAP offers the ability to appropriate a fair market conversion rate, to any transaction on the bitcoin blockchain.
- Ability to look up any bitcoin blockchain transaction, since professional price-discovery was possible in early 2010 - and receive back a USD value for any transaction.
- Built using the most accurate historic bitcoin price index - the BNC BLX.
- API updated every 10 min with a 2 hour delay on latest blocks (due to the nature of Block propagation to ensure avoidance of publishing rates on orphaned blocks).
- Highly scalable: built with both start-ups & enterprise in mind.
- All rates time-stamped in UTC.
- Ability to look up by time-stamp.
- Ability to look up by block-height.
- Use a trusted, industry leading Digital Currency & Blockchain data company.
- Access institutional quality, bitcoin transaction & USD rates through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed the B-WAP data in your applications, including websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications.
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need transaction or block specific USD values.
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud API's.
- Developer documentation and additional info available on our dedicated API documentation page.
- The B-WAP, like the Bitcoin Liquid Index, is notarized & secured on the bitcoin blockchain - the world's first two market-data streams secured on a blockchain.
Data Coverage At-A-Glance
- Asset Classes: Digital Currencies
- Get by: Block-height, Time-stamp or Transaction
- Results: Transaction ID, Block ID, time-stamp, BWAP per block, Value in USD & BTC per transaction & bitcoin transaction fees per transaction.
- Exchanges Covered: Price discovery for the B-WAP comes from utilizing the BNC Bitcoin Liquid Index (BLX) for it's bitcoin price calculation.
- Historical Rates: This API goes back to 2010-07-17 23:14:35 UTC.
- Blockchain Analysis: Increase the value and insight of your Blockchain Analysis dramatically by integrating the B-WAP to layer in a USD value to your blockchain analysis.
- Accounting & Tax : Reconcile an entire wallet or series of wallets in no time. Integrate the B-WAP into your applications, including spreadsheets, websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications in no time!
- Unique Indicator: Historic B-WAP values, back to early 2010, can be used in technical charting or algorithmic trading, as a unique indicator for traders.
- Wallet Providers: Enhance your users experience by integrating the B-WAP to auto-reconcile transactions into USD values.
- Much more: - Contact us if you have a novel use for this unique API or would like to discuss currency conversion and API expansion ideas.