Bitcoin Index Historical Data
The End-of-Day (EOD) Bitcoin Liquid Index (BLX) API, offers a historical daily close for bitcoin, as calculated by the extensive BNC-BLX methodology. It provides Time & Volume-Weighted-Averages (T-WAP & V-WAP), historically back to when bitcoin was first traded on MtGox and provides support for a daily update.
- Daily, stretching back to early 2010.
- Open-High-Low-Close & Volumes.
- Daily TWAP
- Daily VWAP
- All data is time-stamped in UTC and published with a precision rounded to 8 decimal places.
- Built by Wall St professionals to an enterprise quality.
- Use a trusted, industry leading Digital Currency & Blockchain data company.
- Access institutional quality, Bitcoin Index, End-of-Day data, through an easy-to-use API
- Easily embed globally indexed, digital currency spot rates data in your applications, including websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications.
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that need daily bitcoin closing rates data.
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud APIs
- Developer documentation and additional info available on our dedicated API page.
Data Coverage At-A-Glance
- Asset Classes: Digital Currencies
- Data Type: End-of-Day for bitcoin only.
- Data included: EOD, TWAP, VWAP
- Frequency: Daily
- Exchanges Covered: See constituents below.
- Historical Rates: Are available on a daily granularity only. See our 'Bitcoin Liquid Index' API for live & fine granularity historical data.
- Bitfinex: (BTC/USD)
- Bitstamp: (BTC/USD)
- Gemini: (BTC/USD) (From Q3 2016 to Q4 2016)
- BTCC: (BTC/CNY)
- BTC-e: (BTC/USD) (From Q3 2011 to Q3 2016)
- Coinbase: (BTC/USD)
- itBit: (BTC/USD)
- OKcoin International: (BTC/USD)
- Kraken: (BTC/EUR)
- Coinsetter: (BTC/USD) (deprecated after Kraken's acquisition Jan 27th 2016)
- MtGox: (BTC/USD) (For 2010 - 2014 only)
See index methodology here.