Bitcoin Liquid Index
The BNC Bitcoin Liquid Index (BLX) API, calculates a USD price point for one bitcoin at tick intervals of 30 seconds, as calculated by the extensive BNC-BLX methodology. This API offers a live feed & support for fine granularity historic tick-data for bitcoin market trading, dating back to the beginning of trading on MtGox in early 2010. End-of-Day (EOD) Time & Volume-Weighted-Averages (T-WAP & V-WAP) also included.
- 30 second indexed ticks.
- Fine granularity allows construction of OHLCV charting at fine intervals.
- Daily T-WAP
- Daily V-WAP
- Built by Wall St professionals to an Enterprise quality.
- All ticks and EOD TWAP/VWAP data time-stamped in UTC and published with a precision rounded to 8 decimal places.
BNC have developed the Liquid Index product in order to fulfill a marketplace requirement for a single reliable fair price for Bitcoin based on the majority of trusted real world trading activity.
- Built by Wall St professionals to an enterprise quality.
- Design to respond to sudden market movements while avoiding index manipulation through a robust index methodology.
- Use a trusted, industry-standard bitcoin index API, used by many blockchain industry companies.
- Access institutional quality, historic & live bitcoin price index data through an easy-to-use API.
- Easily embed the BNC-BLX in your applications, including websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications.
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that require bitcoin price data.
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud API's.
- Developer documentation and additional info available on our dedicated API page.
- Data coverage much greater & accurate than any other bitcoin index available today.
- Trader's advantage: Technical Analysis (TA) becomes much more accurate when using the BNC-BLX then typical single-exchange TA.
Data Coverage At-A-Glance
- Asset Classes: Digital Currencies
- Data Type: Index & EOD for bitcoin
- Data Treatment: Cleaned in real-time down to individual exchange trade-per tick level.
- Frequency: 30 sec ticks & daily EOD
- Exchanges Covered: See constituents below.
- Historical Rates: Are available to a fine 30sec granularity, stretching back to the beginning of trading on MtGox in early 2010. See our Digital Currency Exchange Rates API for historical rates.
- Bitfinex: (BTC/USD)
- Bitstamp: (BTC/USD)
- Gemini: (BTC/USD) (From Q3 2016 to Q4 2016)
- BTCC: (BTC/CNY)
- BTC-e: (BTC/USD) (From Q3 2011 to Q3 2016)
- Coinbase: (BTC/USD)
- itBit: (BTC/USD)
- OKcoin International: (BTC/USD)
- Kraken: (BTC/EUR)
- Coinsetter: (BTC/USD) (deprecated after Kraken's acquisition Jan 27th 2016)
- MtGox: (BTC/USD) (For 2010 - 2014 only)
The BNC-BLX was constructed by Wall St professionals to create a truly comprehensive Bitcoin Price Index for:
- Robust Historic Index: Full market-wide historic index for an accurate view across all major trading platforms since trading began in early 2010.
- Live Index: Live or End-of-Day (EOD) feed, purpose built for settlement of various derivatives and accurate reference price for general trade & commerce.
The Liquid Index calculates a USD price point for one bitcoin at tick intervals of 30 seconds. Incoming transactions are evaluated carefully for inclusion in the calculation as part of this real-time process.
The volume weighted average of the transactions from each exchange is taken and then the base exchange prices are combined using BNC's proprietary 3-tier technique.
This is rules-based on the trading history preceding the tick and is designed to allow the Index to be responsive to sudden market movement while limiting the impact of outlier transactions.
Transactions that are not in USD are converted at official current international rates. Currently, this only applies to trades from BTC China for their BTC/CNY transactions & Kraken for their BTC/EUR Transactions.
The calculation parameters & index constituents are re-evaluated at every quarterly review of the BNC Index Steering Committee.
The result is a superior index which portrays the majority of all legitimate bitcoin trading activity globally, for professional and enterprise use.