After threatening to crack the $5000 ceiling in early September, Brave New Coin’s BLX index shows the price of Bitcoin (BTC) has exceeded US$5000 for the first time in the currency’s history. The record-breaking shift occurred after heavy trading on October 12th beginning around 4 am eastern time in the US. Trading volumes have remained high throughout the day.
About the BLX
The Bitcoin Liquid Index (BLX) provides a USD denominated Bitcoin price point at 30-second intervals. The BLX was designed by mirroring data dimensions that are paramount to traditional financial indexes, such as the liquidity and the quality of the constituent exchanges. BNC periodically reviews the mix of exchanges it uses for the index calculation, taking into consideration shifts in market preferences and allowing for new participants that provide sufficient liquidity and trade signals. The BLX API offers a live feed & support for fine granularity historic tick-data for bitcoin market trading, dating back to the beginning of trading on MtGox in early 2010. End-of-Day (EOD), OHLCV, Time & Volume-Weighted-Averages (T-WAP & V-WAP) are also included.
- 30 second indexed ticks based upon the full trade history of each constituent.
- Fine granularity allows construction of OHLCV charting at fine intervals.
- Daily OHLCV, T-WAP/ V-WAP.
- All ticks and EOD data time-stamped in UTC and published with a precision rounded to 8 decimal places.
BNC have developed the Liquid Index product in order to fulfill a marketplace requirement for a single reliable fair price for Bitcoin based on the majority of trusted real world trading activity.
- Designed to respond to sudden market movements while avoiding index manipulation through a robust index methodology.
- Use a trusted, industry-standard bitcoin index API, used by many blockchain industry companies.
- Access institutional quality, historic & live bitcoin price index data through an easy-to-use API.
- Easily embed the BNC-BLX in your applications, including websites, mobile apps and other corporate applications.
- Dramatically reduce time to market for apps that require bitcoin price data.
- Eliminate the pains and complexity of legacy feeds by using cloud API's.
- Developer documentation and additional info available on our dedicated API page.
- Greater and more accurate data coverage than any other bitcoin index available today.
- Trader's advantage: Technical Analysis (TA) becomes much more accurate when using the BNC-BLX then typical single-exchange TA.